Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Responsible for a variety of clerical duties utilizing independent judgment, problem solving and initiative. Performs analysis and review of documentation including financial and program records. Work is performed in accordance with prescribed methods and procedures. Responsibilities include performing at a proficient level lending support to Corporate Billing Office, along with the Program Clinical team. Able to be a team leader on tasks and projects. Able to work in a face paced environment, where a high level of multitasking skills is a must.
Location: 3002 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL
Hours: 37.5 hours a week, Monday-Friday (8:00am-4:00pm)
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience
- Enters patient demographic information and updates as changes occur.
- Verifies third party coverage twice a month for all clients in the program.
- Explains discounts, nominal fees and payment requirements.
- Calculates sliding fee eligibility based on client income according to established procedures.
- Ensures effective, accurate and efficient clerical operations.
- Participates in and promotes efficient program function.
- Implements specific programmatic functions.
- Maintains program records according to policies.
- Handles client inquiries and assists in making appropriate referrals or appointments to specific Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center (LCHD/CHC) programs or other agencies.
- Participates in Quality Improvement activities on an on-going basis, with emphasis placed on client satisfaction.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of individual Emergency Preparedness role.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Requires a high school diploma or E.D. certificate
- Requires 1 year of general office experience Preferably in healthcare
- Spanish-speaking a plus
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.