Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Provides administrative support to the Program Coordinator and other members of the program staff. Generates and maintains statistical data, program reports, assists with budget needs and expenses, and tracks and maintains program inventory. Prepares correspondence and any other required documentation for the program.
Location: 3002 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL
Hours: 37.5 hours a week, Monday-Friday (8:00am-4:00pm)
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience
- Types all correspondence and any other required typing for the Coordinator, Provider or clinic staff as required.
- Acts as a receptionist, answers telephone, directs messages and handles phone inquiries.
- Schedules conferences, meetings and appointments.
- Takes minutes of staff and committee meetings as assigned.
- Inputs service area purchase requisitions and assists staff with BOSS timecard.
- Maintains files and assures that photocopying of needed forms for ongoing clinic needs.
- Assists in all programmatic tracking needs.
- Utilizes independent decision making to process incoming/outgoing correspondence and triages for urgency with distribution to appropriate person(s).
- Orders and maintains inventory of program supplies and equipment.
- Enters Maintenance, M.I.S., and Housekeeping requests in the AS/400 system.
- Reserves conference rooms for meetings in Microsoft Outlook.
- Assists Coordinator in the tracking of support staff licensing, education and other required training.
- Develops and maintains a basic knowledge of services available at the Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center (LCHD/CHC).
- Reports all unusual occurrences that may involve the safety and well-being of the clients, patients and co-workers directly to the supervisor and/or Safety Officer.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Requires a high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate.
- Requires 1 year of general office experience.
- Spanish-speaking a plus.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.