Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Provides administrative support to the Program Manager and other members of the program staff. Generates and maintains statistical data, program reports, assists with budget needs and expenses, and tracks and maintains program inventory. Prepares correspondence and any other required documentation for the program.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Plans
- Life Insurance
- Vacation Pay
- Sick Pay
- And MUCH MORE!
Location: 3010 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL
Hours: 37.5 hours a week; Monday-Friday (8:00am-4:30pm)
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience:
- Supports Program with accreditation/regulatory/audit activities, service area wide planning, development, implementation, and follow-up.
- Acts as support staff for specific projects.
- Takes minutes for various assigned committees, (Infection Control, Environmental Health and Safety, Clinical Compliance).
- Assists with the aggregation of information and dissemination/posting of statistical audits, surveys, compliance reviews as specified (such as, Peer Review, Patient Satisfaction, Hand Hygiene, Chart Audits).
- Updates Clinical Compliance manuals/plans as directed (Joint Commission, Infection Control, Orientation), via paper and electronic resources.
- Maintains Clinical Operations specific orientation/ training records (i.e. staff orientation, safety, clinical risk).
- Prepares drafts, memos and types correspondence as appropriate for the Program related operations.
- Develops data spreadsheets, tables, charts, graphs, and other training or audit tools for the Program
- Supports staff training activities associated with Program. (Schedule Training room. video online resources, staff education, and training database).
- Provides technical assistance in program registration and SharePoint updates.
- Utilizes independent decision making to process incoming/outgoing correspondence with distribution to appropriate person(s) program wide in a timely manner.
- Serves as Program Safety Officer and supports all program Safety Coordinator functions.
- Job Skill Assessment(s) may be required for this role.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Requires High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of one-year office experience preferred.
- Knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Office Suite.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.