Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Supervise and oversee all aspects of the Crisis Care Program including 8 bed short term crisis residential program and 24-hour crisis hotline. Provides the clinical direction for the program and is responsible for the adherence and development of the philosophy and delivery of services at the program.
Location: 3002 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL
Hours: 40 hours a week, Monday-Friday (8:30am-5:00pm)
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Skills and Experience
- Provides clinical and administrative supervision and development of program staff, including completion of evaluations.
- Ensures adequate staff coverage for all shifts.
- Monitors the program adherence to budgetary guidelines.
- Assures ongoing compliance with Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center, Joint Commission Accreditation of Health Organization, federal and state standards and regulations.
- Monitors and insures physical plant maintenance and safety compliance.
- Tracks all program data including Key Performance Indicators and leads Continuous Quality Improvement projects for the program.
- Promotes and facilitates the professional development of program staff by means of in-service training sessions.
- Interviews job applicants for all program positions.
- Provides direction on the scope, types, and evaluation of clinical and administrative programming that is offered utilizing published best practices and empirically proven clinical methodologies in delivery of client care.
- Demonstrates leadership abilities in conducting administrative and clinical meetings and ensures effective communication among all staff regarding administrative and clinical issues.
- Ensures that staff is trained on quality improvement concepts, tools and techniques.
- Participates in time limited and continuous workgroups and committees.
- Maintains accountability standards required by LCHD/CHC and funding sources relative to quality and quantity of services provided by staff members.
- Maintains clinical competencies by providing direct services.
- Conducts, coordinates, and supervises the program and regular review of clinical records.
- Provides atmosphere of customer service in assuring that clients are treated in a friendly and respectful manner.
- Responds to inquiries, gives appropriate information and referrals, and documents, if necessary.
- Focuses on client empowerment in providing treatment, seeking to assist clients to build on strengths in addressing treatment needs.
- Organizes and participates in treatment-related clinical conferences and staffings on assigned clients.
- Takes responsibility for training in and documenting clinical chart requirements to meet program and state standards.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- A Master’s Degree in psychology, counseling, social work or related field is strongly preferred, with four years’ experience in the behavioral health field, which includes two years of supervisory experience
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (L.C.S.W.), Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (L.C.P.C.) upon hire required.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.