Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Provides direct clinical care of clients, including ordering of lab tests, counseling of patients, developing treatment plans and prescribing medication within the scope of their education and certification of the collaborative agreement with their collaborating physician as assigned at one or more clinical facilities in the Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center.
Location: 3010 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL
- Ability to work on weekends and holidays if necessary
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Skills and Experience
- Conducts psycho-social evaluations.
- Requests, interprets and performs laboratory examinations.
- Assesses, identifies and evaluates health problems, including behavioral health problems.
- Prescribes medications as per practice guidelines.
- Refers health problems for appropriate follow-up.
- Refers clients to appropriate community and health resources.
- Consults with staff physicians and other APN’s.
- Conducts individual and/or group educational sessions.
- Documents client service in record per policy.
- Assists in preparation of informational materials for dissemination to clients; professionals; and other agencies.
- Participates in orientation of new staff and students.
- Upon request, provide teaching, supervising and/or precepting for students and residents as needed in support of Community Health Center objectives and in accordance with requirements set forth in agreements with educational institutions.
- Provides clinical consultation to other staff members and supervision of staff and students as assigned.
- Collaborative agreement with appropriate physician.
- May assist in orientation and training of new staff.
- Develops and maintains a basic knowledge of services available at the Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center (LCHD/CHC).
- Develops and maintains a basic awareness of the Chronic Care Model Processes in order to reduce health disparities within our communities.
- Assist patients in developing self management goals
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of individual Emergency Preparedness roles.
- Demonstrates adherence to National Patient Safety Goals.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or postmaster certification as an APRN from a national certification body, as required by state law, including:
- Current Illinois licensure as a Registered Nurse and Advanced Practice License.
- Willing to collaborate with a physician to apply for controlled substance license or, if Full Practice Authority, has a controlled substance license.
- Ability to work on weekends, holidays and overtime if necessary.
- Ability to maintain and keep records using an electronic medical record system according to protocol.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.