Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
We are looking for a professional Psychiatric Advanced Practice Nurse who can deliver psychiatric care to a wide variety of patients. As an Psychiatric Advanced Practice Nurse you will be Providing direct clinical care of clients, including ordering of lab tests, counseling of patients, developing treatment plans and prescribing medication within the scope of their education and certification of the collaborative agreement with their collaborating physician as assigned at one or more clinical facilities in the Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center.
Location: 2400 Belvidere Road, Waukegan, IL
Skills and Experience:
- Elicits and screens medical histories, performs physical examinations.
- Requests, interprets and performs laboratory examinations.
- Assesses, identifies and evaluates health problems.
- Prescribes medications as per practice guidelines.
- Provides preventive health screening education to clients, see guidelines and protocols.
- Refers health problems for appropriate follow-up.
- Refers clients to appropriate community and health resources.
- Consults with staff physicians and other APN’s.
- Conducts individual and/or group educational sessions.
- Documents client service in record per policy.
- Assists in preparation of informational materials for dissemination to clients; professionals; and other agencies.
- Participates in orientation of new staff and students.
- Provides clinical consultation to other staff members
- Supervision of students as assigned.
- Collaborative agreement with appropriate physician when required
- Required meetings with collaborating physician
- May assist in orientation and training of new staff.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Graduation prior to start date from a Master’s or Doctoral Degree in Nursing from a PMHNP program accredited by either the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or the Accreditation Commission on Education for Nursing (ACEN)
Certification and Licensure
- Initial and continuing certification as a PMHNP by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or other national certifying body as required by state law.
- Current active and unrestricted license from the State of Illinois as an Advanced Practice Nurse; or a letter from the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation stating that the application for licensure endorsement has been approved, with receipt of Illinois license following within six months of initial application date for endorsement.
- Current active and unrestricted Controlled Substance Registration (CSR) from the State of Illinois.
- Registration with the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA).
- Collaborative Agreement with a Psychiatrist, or certificate for independent practice in Illinois.
- Ability to operate computers and knowledge of electronic health records.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us. To learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.