Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Performs nursing and case management activities for people with mental illness as part of an Assertive Community Treatment team. Calls in and follows up on medication refills. Consults with staff and clients and their families regarding medical and medication issues. Providing consultation to therapists and MDs. Reviews lab results and hospital test results. Referring clients to other county and state resources as needed. Some work is conducted in the field.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Plans
- Life Insurance
- Vacation Pay
- Sick Pay
- And MUCH MORE!
Location: 3002 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL
Hours: 37.5 hours a week; Monday-Friday (8:00am-4:00pm)
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience:
- Provides professional psychiatric nursing care related to physician’s orders in conformance with recognized nursing techniques and procedures, established standards and administrative policies of the department.
- Participates in development and implementation of services for high-risk population in conjunction with other behavioral health staff and/or as directed by Program Coordinator.
- Provides medication administration and monitoring per MD orders.
- Maintain medical inventory according to best practice standards.
- Provides ongoing case management services.
- Responds to inquiries, gives appropriate information and referrals, and documents, if necessary.
- Follows up on medication refills.
- Educates patients and families on medication administration, adherence, and side effects.
- Conducts crisis intervention/evaluation/referral to persons who present themselves at the program.
- Performs initial evaluations and assessments of potential clients regarding their appropriateness for participation in the program.
- Facilitates with clients and collaborates with the treatment team to develop, review and update treatment goals and referrals both internally and externally.
- Provides education and direction to clients, family members and/or significant others, individually or in group settings.
- Job Skill Assessment(s) may be required for this role.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- With an Associate’s degree, five years of experience in psychiatric or behavioral health is required, or
- With a Bachelor’s degree, one year of experience in psychiatric or behavioral health is required, or
- With a Master’s degree and knowledge of psychiatric disorders and medications.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.