Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Responsible for care of high-risk clients and crisis intervention. Serves as support to the program providers. Serves as liaison to community agencies and schools. Participates in development and/or assessment of psychiatric treatment plans. Participates in development of services for high-risk populations.
Location: 3010 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL
Hours: 37.5 hours a week. Monday – Friday (8:00am-4pm)
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience
- Provides professional psychiatric nursing care related to physician’s orders in conformance with recognized nursing techniques and procedures, established standards and administrative policies of the department.
- Participates in development and implementation of services for high-risk population in conjunction with other behavioral health staff and/or as directed by Program Coordinator.
- Provides ongoing case management services for program clients.
- Responds to inquiries, gives appropriate information and referrals, and documents, if necessary.
- Involved in quality improvement activities on an ongoing basis.
- Conducts crisis intervention/evaluation/referral to persons who present themselves at the program.
- May provide direct services to clients including individual treatment.
- Focuses on client empowerment in providing treatment, seeking to assist clients to build on strengths in addressing treatment needs.
- Facilitates with clients and collaborates with the treatment team to develop, review and update treatment goals and referrals both internally and externally.
- Organizes and participates in treatment-related clinical conferences and staffing’s on assigned clients.
- Provides education and direction to clients, family members and/or significant others.
- Takes responsibility for training in and documenting clinical chart requirements to meet program and state standards.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- With an Associate’s degree, five years of experience in psychiatric or behavioral health nursing is required, or
- With a Bachelor’s degree, one year of experience in psychiatric or behavioral health nursing is required, or
- With a Master’s degree, no experience required
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.