Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Reporting directly to the Director of Behavioral Health this position oversees psychiatric services. Responsibilities of this position include oversight of the psychiatry providers and Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) providers, including provider recruitment, development and retention, scheduling, establishment and achievement of productivity benchmarks, quality improvement, clinical direction and risk management to ensure quality and cost-effective care. In addition, this position will also provide direct patient care. This position is full time (40% clinical and 60% administrative time, though distribution may change based on changing needs).
Location: 3010 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL
Hours: 40 hours a week, Monday-Friday (8:30am-5:00pm)
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Skills and Experience
- Serves as the medical advisor for the department’s behavioral health services
- Develops vision for the clinical activities to improve the health outcomes, obtain quality incentives and shared savings, and create innovative clinical models of of care.
- Participates in executive management business and clinical strategy development and implementation.
- In conjunction with the Director of Behavioral Health, is responsible for hiring the psychiatric Provider staff (including physicians, advanced practice nurses and physician assistants) and ensuring that each Provider is working to meet the Health Department’s mission.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of staff under their direction.
- Provides clinical and administrative supervision of staff under their direction, including completion of evaluations.
- Monitors adherence to budgetary
- Consults with staff regarding patients not necessarily seen directly by the This includes, but is not limited to, cases in which medical supervision is necessary for insurance purposes.
- Participates and presents at clinical conferences and provides medical expertise to the community as appropriate.
- Oversees the achievement of productivity standards as set by LCHD and Responsible for working with the providers and clinical leadership to ensure that performance expectations are understood and met. Uses or develops analytical tools designed to improve clinical and service performance.
- Establishes the standards of care and maintains the policies, protocols and guidelines of the clinics.
- Researches best practices and evidence-based programs and incorporates into activities of the areas being managed.
- Establishes clinical benchmarks and outcome indicators to measure, monitor, and improve the changes and demographic factors that impact the agency’s strategy.
- Monitors performance management data for areas of responsibility and assures the implementation of CQI principles and projects.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Requires completion of a residency Program.
- Must be at least Board Eligible in Board certification is preferred.
- Requires Illinois license to practice as a as a physician.
- Three years of senior-level/director-level management experience.
- Demonstrated experience as a strategist. Be able to set priorities, establish clear (and high) expectations and execute identified strategies.
- Job Skill Assessment(s) may be required for this role.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.