Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Responsible for providing diagnostic and treatment services to individuals and groups, clinical consultation to staff, consultation and education to community groups, and participation in program development.
Location: 3010 Grand Avenue, Waukegan IL
Hours: Tuesday, and Thursday (8:00am – 8:00pm) Wednesday and Friday (8:00am – 5:00pm)
Skills and Experience
- Performs initial evaluations and assessments of potential clients regarding their appropriateness for participation in the program.
- Provides direct services to clients including individual and group treatment.
- Conducts psychological assessments when appropriate.
- Conducts crisis intervention/evaluation/referral to persons who present themselves at the program.
- Focuses on client empowerment in providing treatment, seeking to assist clients to build on strengths in addressing treatment needs.
- Facilitates with clients and collaborates with the treatment team to develop, review and update treatment goals and referrals both internally and externally.
- Provides clinical consultation for Behavioral Health staff, including assisting with or supervising psychological testing and evaluations.
- Provides clinical consultation to other staff members and supervision of staff and students, as assigned.
- Responds to inquiries, gives appropriate information and referrals, and documents, if necessary.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Requires Doctorate degree in psychology, with at least one year of experience in chemical dependency/behavioral health treatment
- Experience with court referred fitness restoration
- Must be licensed by Illinois Department of Professional Regulation as a Clinical Psychologist.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.