Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Under the direct supervision of the Lead Dietitian or Office Manager II, facilitates client entry into the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC), screens clients for eligibility, performs anthropometric measurements, hemoglobin testing, answers incoming phone calls, schedules appointments, enters required data into computer system and issues food vouchers. Provides breastfeeding promotion and support to WIC women. Works at other sites as required.
Location: This position is shared between two clinic sites, Northshore Health Center (1840 Greenbay Road, Highland Park, IL) and Midlakes Health Center (224 Clarendon Avenue, Round Lake Beach, IL)
Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday (8:30am – 4:30pm) and Thursday (11:00am – 7:00pm) *One Saturday every other month*
Skills and Experience
- Serves as a receptionist/greeter: schedules appointments, answers client questions, checks clients in and makes phone calls to follow-up with clients who have missed appointments. Centralized phone duties as assigned.
- Assists in determination of eligibility for services by screening clients for income/residency requirements according to program guidelines and enrolls in appropriate services. Checks WIC identification cards for accuracy and completion, and appropriate signatures.
- Electronically completes client intake including participant look-up, enrollment, program /insurance information, immunizations, service entry, and caseload reassignment. Explains program services and clients’ rights & responsibilities.
- Promotes breastfeeding as the preferred infant feeding method to all WIC clients.
- Performs anthropometric measurements of height, weight, and head circumference according to procedures.
- Performs laboratory duties (hemoglobin tests), according to Standing Orders for Capillary Hemoglobin.
- Accurately performs data entry of program-related data and information in the Cornerstone computer system.
- Prints, issues, and voids Food Instruments according to established procedure. Assists in Food Instrument Reconciliation with daily FI Log.
- Prepares all WIC client charts for CHPs. Assists in combining duplicate charts & pulling charts as needed.
- Participates in gathering and maintaining program statistics and completes required forms/reports (including timecard) in a timely manner to ensure accurate data collection.
- Maintains clerical and laboratory supplies at assigned workstation. Completes order form monthly to assure adequate inventory at workstation.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Requires High School Diploma or GED.
- Requires 1 year of work experience.
- Basic computer knowledge and data entry skills.
- Ability to work on weekends, holidays and overtime if necessary.
- Ability to maintain and keep records.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.