Public Health Nurse – BMB – 15743
Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
This position is responsible for the provision of nursing services to ambulatory primary care clients. Provides professional nursing care according to physicians' orders in conformance with recognized nursing techniques and procedures, established standards and administrative policies. Maintains clinical charts including documentation of laboratory test results, medication and treatment. Provides clients with laboratory test results and explanations, when applicable. Provides basic health education and referral services to clients as needed. Assists physician with client care; gives injections and medication, as instructed. Responsible for maintenance of general neatness and orderliness in clinic. Attends in service education, staff meetings and workshops that are appropriate for professional development.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination or medical/religious exemption within 30 days of hire. If not fully vaccinated, you must follow the requirements for unvaccinated until you meet the definition of fully vaccinated.
Scheduled Hours: 37.5 hours a week
- Monday – (8:30am – 4:30pm)
- Tuesday – (8:30am – 2:30pm)
- Wednesday – (8:30am – 6:30pm)
- Thursday – (8:30am – 4:30pm)
- Friday – (8:30am – 4:30pm)
- Starting Salary Determined Based on Qualifications