Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Performs quality radiographs for the identification and diagnosis of tuberculosis. Confirms proper medical documentation is in order for medical billing of x-rays.
Location: 515 Keller Avenue, Waukegan IL
Hours: Tuesday (9:00am – 1:00pm)
Skills and Experience
- Responsible for radiographic development, labeling, logging, and arranging of films for review by the contracted Radiologist.
- Maintains and files x-ray films and reports in appropriate areas. Files all x-ray documentation into the patient’s chart. Arranges duplicate copy of x-ray reports alphabetically and files them in their appropriate location.
- Monitors and reports the number of x-rays taken.
- Advises and educates patients on chest x-ray procedures.
- Assist co-workers in other areas of the clinic when necessary, which includes but is not limited to, front desk duties and other duties as assigned.
- Maintains a clear, concise, daily log of all patients having x-rays.
- Keeps an inventory of x-ray supplies (i.e., developer, solution, film, etc.) and orders as needed to ensure continued clinic operations.
- Keeps the x-ray rooms and common areas in a safe, clean, and orderly environment.
- Answers telephone calls.
- Performs duties in a professional manner and cooperates with TB clinic staff, TB Medical Director, and the TB Program Coordinator for the efficient operation of the clinic.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Graduate from an approved Medical Radiation Technology program
- Current Illinois Licensure as a Radiology Technician by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and accreditation by the State of Illinois Department of Nuclear Safety
- Requires two years of recent general experience in the field of Radiology
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
f you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.