Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Under general supervision performs work of considerable difficulty in assisting with the administration of the Health Department’s human resource management program. The position has the primary responsibility for recruitment and selection with emphasis on entry-level positions. Employees in this position work directly with hiring managers throughout the agency to determine the best methods for developing the most qualified, diverse applicant pools for vacant positions. Screens, interviews and refers applicants to hiring managers. Ensures accurate records are kept for all recruitment activity to ensure the agency complies with all appropriate regulations as required. Conducts research and provides statistics and reports as needed. Assists with other human resources projects as needed.
Location: 3010 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL
Hours: 16.5 hours a week
- Monday, Tuesday & Friday (8:00am-1:30pm)
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience
- Proactively sources diverse, top talent utilizing a variety of techniques including referrals, direct recruitment, social networking websites, job boards, internet searches, and other advertisements.
- Provides coaching to hiring managers regarding all phases of recruiting including: development of job postings, sourcing of candidates, behavior-based interviewing, negotiations of salary, and closing candidates to offer acceptance.
- Administers applicant tracking system to perform the various stages of recruiting such as posting jobs, screening applicants, tracking candidate progression, generating offer letters and on-boarding candidates.
- Identifies qualified potential applicants and notifies them of vacancies.
- Consults with hiring managers to determine the criteria for screening applicants.
- Screens, interviews and refers applicants for vacant positions.
- Ensures the agency complies with applicable personnel policies as well as state and federal regulations related to recruitment and selections.
- Keeps thorough records of all recruitment activity including reporting and tracking applicant data.
- Conducts research, surveys, and prepares reports as needed.
- Assists with the development and delivery of various Human Resources related trainings for employees and managers.
- Partners and collaborates with other organizations, associations and schools to develop and/or participate in recruitment events or related activities.
- Participates in appropriate job and career fairs.
- Conducts reference and background checks.
- Assist the Human Resources Manager and Human Resources Director with other projects.
- Job Skill Assessment(s) may be required for this role.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in human resources management or related field and five years of directly related human resources experience in recruitment and selection.
- Experience with various interviewing techniques.
- Previous experience working with an applicant tracking and onboarding system.
- Experience sourcing and recruiting in a healthcare environment, preferably Providers level applicants.
- Experience partnering with Senior/Director Level employees.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities, multi-task and change direction in a variety of workplace situations.
- Good knowledge of PC operations and software (Word processing, database and spreadsheet) are required.
- Good typing skills are also required.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.