Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Responsible for the provision of direct medical care at assigned health center(s) within the scope of practice, in accordance with established standards of care (60% of time). Works with the Practice Manager and Nurse Manager to achieve clinical and practice goals set by LCHD/CHC. The Regional Medical Director will serve as the supervisor for the providers (Physicians, APNs, and PAs) for a set of clinic sites (40% of time). This position is directly supervised by the LCHD CHC medical director.
Site: Various Locations
Hours: Are to be determined based upon the needs of the clinics
Specialties: Pediatrics, Family & Internal Medicine
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
What’s in it for you as the Regional Medical Director:
- Health, Dental & Vision
- Life Insurance
- 3 weeks vacation
- Sick Pay
- Provider CME
- IMRF Pension
- And Much MORE!
The Regional Medical Director will Oversee:
- Directly provides medical treatment and diagnosis for patients.
- Participates in collaborative relationships with APNs (Advanced Practice Nurses) and PAs (Physician Assistants).
- Consults with staff regarding patients not necessarily seen directly by the physician. This includes, but is not limited to, cases in which medical supervision is necessary for insurance purposes.
- Participates and presents at clinical conferences and provides medical expertise as appropriate
- Job Skill Assessment(s) may be required for this role.
- Regularly attends the Provider Leadership committee meetings.
- Assists the Medical Director on new initiatives and plans that affect providers.
- Works with providers to ensure appropriate education to students.
- Ensure that the on-call is providing appropriate after hours coverage.
- Provides oversight and supervision of primary care providers including:
- Ongoing weekly observations of provider performance.
- Quarterly informal performance appraisals and annual performance appraisals.
- Participation/facilitation in onboarding of new primary care providers.
- Coaching of primary care providers.
- Assist providers with achievement of productivity benchmarks.
- Assist providers with quality improvement activities and achievement of the agency goals
- Provides coverage of clinical management activities in conjunction with the Medical Director, including:
- Participation in provider recruitment, development and retention.
- Patient safety and risk management activities.
The Regional Medical Director Education Requirements:
- Requires completion of a residency program.
- Must be at least Board Eligible in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine/Pediatrics, or Pediatrics. Board certification is preferred.
- Academic appointment at a Medical School preferred.
- Requires Illinois license to practice as a physician.
- Ability to work on weekends, holidays, and overtime if necessary.
- Experience with managing other providers.
- Six years of senior-level/director-level management experience.
- Demonstrated experience as a strategist. Can set priorities, establish clear (and high) expectations and execute identified strategies.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.