Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Performs complex and technical accounting tasks under general supervision of the Business Manager. Supports accounting functions in the areas of timekeeping and general accounting working independently to preform financial tasks requiring the ability to research using various type and sources of financial information. Collects and organizes data to assist in processing and tracking revenues, expenses and grants as needed; and collects, organizes and tabulates data to enhance financial decisions in the Service Area. Is highly knowledgeable in the use of computer systems available for the position.
Location: 3010 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL
Hours: 37.5 hours a week, Monday-Friday (8:30am-5:00pm)
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience
- Reviews payroll timekeeping information and assists Manager with timely payroll submission as necessary.
- Processes time cards and assists with timecard adjustments for staff within business unit, checking accuracy and signatures for Clinical Operations employees.
- Provide guidance and training to Clinical Operations Programs and Providers regarding business unit timekeeping processes.
- Coordinate system of collecting Provider timecards and verifying costing to relevant grant budgets
- Researches discrepancies and solves any payroll-related issues.
- Tracks any overtime payments by program
- Assist Health Payroll with troubleshooting, review and analysis of payroll information and preparation.
- Tracks all employees working under grants needing bi annual certification forms, including preparing, getting signatures and coordinating with finance
- Classifies and verifies invoices, vouchers, employee reimbursements, and mileage for accuracy, proper approvals, and completeness prior to entry.
- Prepares, enters, classifies, and reconciles procurement card information.
- Create reports that assist in tracking of various revenue and expense accounts, including for state and federal grants.
- Monitors expenditures against budgets using the integrated financial system reports.
- Provides guidance and training to Clinical Operations Behavior Health Programs to ensure that purchasing procedures and policies are adhered to.
- Participates in testing and analyzing the results within the integrated financial system upgraded annually or as needed.
- Enters, classifies, and process requisitions or purchase orders in the integrated financial system for supplies or services for the department.
- Reviews and researches vendor payment information by using inquiry functions, vendor files, and running reports from the integrated financial system.
- Assists with running reports in the accounts receivable system and compares results against budgeted totals for each program.
- Assists in collection and reporting financial data for the budgeting.
- Performs routine audits on accounts.
- Prepares complex journal entries.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Requires a high school diploma or G.E.D
- Training in general business office and accounting procedures.
- Minimum of four years of experience at a clerical accounting position, ten key, accurate data entry and ability to research information using a combination of an integrated financial system, database, spreadsheets and paper files.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.