Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Performs complex and technical accounting tasks under general supervision. Supports accounting functions in the areas of financial billing and general accounting, working independently to perform financial tasks requiring the ability to research using various types and sources of financial information, collects and process data to support annual budget prep, billing, and tracking of revenues and expense accounts.
Location: 3010 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL
Hours: 37.5 hours a week, Monday-Friday (9:00am-5:00pm)
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience
- Assists in the management of multiple program billing systems (Nextgen, EnerGov, Chameleon, etc.).
- Assists in the management of revenue and deposit control for non-grant accounts through BOSS.
- Assists with budget preparation and monitors expenditures against budgets using the integrated financial system reports.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organizations.
- Ability to be a team leader on tasks and projects.
- Ability to track and maintain inventory systems.
- Deposits monies and balances accounts; maintains accounts and writes checks for invoices.
- Receives and issues receipts for payment; balances daily collections with receipts.
- Maintains appropriation and revenue accounts posting manually or into spreadsheet/database.
- Makes cost analysis of revolving fund accounts of a department with a view toward improvements in economy and efficiency of operations.
- Maintains general and subsidiary revenue and expenditure records, posting entries from supportive records, making adjusting entries, balancing against other records and preparing reports from such records.
- Prepares monthly and other reports showing the encumbrances and expenditures for each fund and informing departments of the amount of the unencumbered balances.
- Prepares financial reports pertaining to status of expenditures in relation to budget.
- Furnishes information to the public on a variety of matters relating to accounts maintained and similar financial information.
- Assist with training within the integrated financial system as needed.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D
- Requires a minimum of four (4) years relevant experience.
- Training in general business office and accounting procedures.
- Training using an integrated financial system, and good spreadsheet experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Job Assessment(s) may be required for this role.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.