Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Performs complex and technical accounting tasks under general supervision. Under minimum supervision performs all job duties at a high level of expertise and to be a resource for co-workers. This position performs or supports accounting functions in the area of Accounts Payable, I-Procurement, timekeeping, fixed assets and General Accounting working independently to perform financial tasks. This position has the primary responsibility to timely research and process accurately accounts payable invoices for payment and to ensure the agency is following all corporate compliance guidelines. Requires the ability to problem solve and research using various type and sources of financial information. Collects and organizes data to assist in processing and tracking revenues, expenses, vendor payments and grants as needed; and collects, organizes and tabulates data to enhance financial decisions. Is highly knowledgeable in the use of computer systems available for the position.
Location: 3010 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL
Hours: 37.5 hours a week, Monday-Friday (9:00am-5:00pm)
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience
- Research, review and input Accounts Payable invoices, vouchers, refunds, employee reimbursements, and mileage accurately and timely.
- Review and upload procurement card transactions.
- Reviews and researches vendor payment information by using inquiry functions and vendor files.
- Assist with running reports from the integrated financial system.
- Provides guidance and training to ensure that procedures and policies are adhered to.
- Participates in testing and analyzing the results within the integrated financial system upgraded annually or as needed.
- Enters, classifies, and process requisitions in the integrated financial system for supplies or services for the department.
- Log checks, cash, credit cards and ACH’s received within the department.
- Adhere to month and year end accounting deadlines.
- Assists in collection and reporting financial data for the budget.
- Assist in maintaining a fixed asset system.
- Attends appropriate in-service education, staff meetings, and seminars for professional development.
- Performs routine audits on accounts.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Requires a high school diploma or G.E.D
- Training in general business office and accounting procedures.
- Minimum of four years of experience at a clerical accounting position
- Ten key, accurate data entry and ability to research information using a combination of an integrated financial system, database, spreadsheets and paper files.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.