Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Responsible for a variety of specialized clerical duties utilizing a high degree of independent judgment, problem solving, and initiative.
Location: 3002 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL
Hours: 37.5 hours a week, Monday-Friday (8:00am-4:00pm)
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience
- Maintains daily attendance records and prepares regular attendance reports to be submitted to Administration.
- Coordinates and submits travel vouchers as well as seminar registrations.
- Prepares and monitors payroll records; processes and distributes payroll and expense checks.
- Performs purchasing functions in conjunction with the Business Manager. Coordinates with purchasing for maintenance agreements and blanket purchase orders.
- Prepares accounts payable for processing through Administrative Services.
- Interviews clients for financial and statistical information and maintains protected information pertaining to clients appropriately.
- Performs data entry for quality improvement and data management purposes.
- Assists in spreadsheet and database creation and set-up.
- Runs and distributes statistical reports for audit and review purposes.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Requires a high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate.
- Requires two years of specialized office experience.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Job Skill Assessment(s) may be required for this role.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.