Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Outpatient Senior Therapist position with primary responsibilities to provide Outpatient Fitness Restoration services to non-dangerous defendants who are adjudicated unfit to stand trial. Duties include completion of the IM+CANS comprehensive mental health assessments; provision of supervised Fitness Restoration treatment and education, and completion of all required court documentation and reports for clients engaged in Fitness Restoration within required timeframes. Also provides consultation and education both internally and externally to community groups and emergency services as needed.
Location: 3010 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL
Hours: 37.5 hours a week, Monday-Friday (8:30am-4:30pm)
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience
- Provides direct fitness restoration services including assessment, and individual and group treatment for non-dangerous clients adjudicated unfit to stand trial.
- Focuses on client education and empowerment in providing treatment, seeking to assist clients to build strengths to meet their treatment needs.
- Facilitates with clients and collaborates with the treatment team to develop, review and update treatment goals and referrals both internally and externally.
- Provides education and direction to clients, family members and/or significant others.
- Performs initial evaluations and assessments of potential clients regarding their appropriateness for participation in the program.
- Provides atmosphere of customer service in assuring that clients are treated in a friendly and respectful manner. Displays positive attitudes and behaviors in the accomplishment of job duties.
- Acquires and utilizes knowledge of LCHD/CHC database and word processing software and other equipment commensurate with position.
- Meet minimum productivity expectations.
- Organizes and participates in treatment-related clinical conferences and staffings on assigned clients.
- Takes responsibility for training in and documenting clinical chart requirements to meet program and state standards.
- Participates in collection of client fees including completing forms for third-part coverage and discussing balances due with clients, as appropriate.
- Participates in staff meetings, in-service trainings, and seminars to facilitate professional growth and maintain licensure if required.
- Provides emergency evaluations of clients regarding their need for involuntary hospitalization, if meets criteria as a qualified examiner.
- Serves as a LPHA and/or QMHP, which includes reviewing and signing clinical assessments, individual treatment plants, and other appropriate clinical documentation.
- Coordinates weekly clinical staffings and provides clinical consultation as directed by the Practice Manager.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Requires a Master’s degree in psychology, social work or related field, with (5) five years of post-graduate experience, and clinical license in the State of Illinois is required, and
- Experience providing Fitness Restoration services preferred
- Experience working with clients with developmental disabilities preferred
- Bilingual, Spanish-speaking preferred.
- Licensed by the State of Illinois as an Physician, Psychologist, Licensed Clinical Social Worker (L.C.S.W.), Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (L.C.P.C.).
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.