Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Responsible for administering medications. Responsible for direct care of clients, including crisis intervention and triage on admission, participates in developing treatment plans with clients, provides emergency assessment for hospitalizations, and reports supply needs to Nursing Coordinator, if applicable to program.
Location: 3002 Grand Avenue Waukegan, IL
Hours: 40 hours a week 6:30am-3:00pm (Some rotating days and weekend)
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience
- Acts as triage person for admissions to the program.
- Provides professional nursing care, including administering medications, according to physician’s orders in conformance with recognized nursing techniques and procedures, established standards and administrative policies of the department.
- Recognizes and interprets symptoms of clients’ conditions, reports to appropriate personnel and assists with remedial measures for adverse developments.
- Monitors the collection of urine specimens according to Standard precautions, if SAP.
- Maintains clinical charts including documentation of observations, medications treatments; reports on the condition of clients; observes and corrects, if possible, environmental factors dealing with comfort and safety.
- Participates as a team member at staff interviews and provides input regarding the stability of client’s physical condition.
- Is responsible for arranging clinic appointments, chest x-rays, laboratory work and other medication appointments, if ATP/CCP or WRS.
- Makes arrangements for medical transfer of patients to other treatment facilities, as necessary, if ATP/CCP or WRS.
- Responds to inquiries, gives appropriate information and referrals, and documents, if necessary.
- Involved in quality improvement activities on an ongoing basis.
- Takes a personal stake in the success of the program.
- Focuses on client empowerment in providing treatment, seeking to assist clients to build on strengths in addressing treatment needs.
- Facilitates with clients and collaborates with the treatment team to develop, review and update treatment goals and referrals both internally and externally.
- Organizes and participates in treatment-related clinical conferences and staffings on assigned clients.
- Provides education and direction to clients, family members and/or significant others.
- Takes responsibility for training in and documenting clinical chart requirements to meet program and state standards.
- May assist in the orientation and training of new staff.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- With an Associate’s degree, two years in general nursing care is required, plus one year of experience in chemical dependency is preferred, (OR)
- With a Bachelor’s degree or diploma, one years experience in general nursing care required, plus one year of experience in chemical dependency/behavioral health field is preferred.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.