Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
An empathetic and people-centered manager, the COVID-19 Case Management Lead provides direct supervision and oversight for COVID-19 Case Managers in their activities. The COVID-19 Case Management program is an arm of the Pandemic Health Navigator Program (PHNP), a grant-funded, short-term program focused on reducing the disparities of outcomes of COVID-19 seen in our community through education/outreach, resource coordination, and contact tracing support. The Case Management Lead develops and implements schedules for COVID-19 Case Managers, supports Case Managers in navigating complex cases, and ensures that Case Managers are meeting service provision and data input requirements. The COVID-19 Case Management Lead is a working manager that can function as a Case Manager and provide direct service as needed. COVID-19 Case Managers receive referrals, complete intake interviews to evaluate needs, provide ongoing resource coordination/support for various health and social needs (e.g., primary healthcare, transportation, housing/rental assistance, food support, etc.), and register and schedule appointments in the AllVax system.
This position is grant-funded through December 31, 2021.
Location: 3010 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL
Hours: 40 hours a week; Tuesday-Saturday or Sunday-Thursday and some evenings
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience
- Maintain weekly schedules and caseloads for COVID-19 Case Managers.
- Prioritize and distribute referral cases as they are received from the Case Management Program Manager or Community Health Worker Program Manager.
- Refer cases in need of in-person support to the Community Health Worker Lead.
- Support Case Managers in their activities, including, but not limited to: connecting individuals to needed health and related resources, and registering and securing appointments in the AllVax system.
- Ensure Case Managers initiate contact with 90% of contacts within 24 hours and 100% of contacts within 48 hours.
- Ensure Case Managers document their activities in Salesforce or AllVax the same day they are completed.
- Maintain and disseminate updated information and resources to Case Managers offered by various community organizations and public agencies.
- Participate in briefings with other organizational and external stakeholders.
- Work with the Case Management Program Supervisor to solve problems and relay feedback to/from Case Managers.
- Participate in and ensure new staff have received appropriate training.
- Assess and request staffing needs to Case Management Program Supervisor.
- Job Skill Assessment(s) may be required for this role.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- High School Diploma is required. Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, business, or other related field is preferred.
- Will provide on the job training
- Preferred experience in public health, community health, or case management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with educational and culturally diverse populations in a courteous and professional manner.
- Passion for supporting community members in protecting and promoting their health.
- Must have experience working in community work. This can include advocacy, volunteering, etc.
- Comfort with using technology to communicate and coordinate work.
- Ability to plan and organize work effectively and efficiently.
- Management experience is a plus.
- Case management experience is a plus.
- Spanish or other language fluency is a plus.
About the Perks:
Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.