Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
An energetic and people-centered manager, the COVID-19 Community Health Worker (CHW) Program Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day management of the COVID-19 Community Health Worker program. The Community Health Worker program is an arm of the Pandemic Health Navigator Program (PHNP), a grant-funded, short-term program focused on reducing the disparities of outcomes of COVID-19 seen in our community through education/outreach, resource coordination, and contact tracing support. The CHW Program Supervisor will advise CHW program development, assure effective program management, liaise with relevant organizational and community partners, and document/report on program activities. Under the direct supervision of the PHNP Coordinator, the CHW Program Supervisor will provide supervision and oversight for approximately 15 COVID-19 Community Health Worker Leads and Community Health Workers, and will assure new and ongoing training requirements are met. The CHW Program Supervisor is a working Supervisor that can function as a COVID-19 Community Health Worker and provide direct service as needed. Work assignments are in-depth and may be of a broad scope requiring a substantial degree of responsibility and independence.
The position is grant-funded through December 31, 2021.
Location: 3010 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL
Hours: 40 hours a week; Monday-Friday
- Weekends as needed
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience
- Coordinate orientation/onboarding process for new hires.
- In collaboration with the PHNP Coordinator and the Strategic Planning and Partnerships Supervisor, implement and manage the COVID-19 Case Management program and activities. This includes goal setting, evaluation of progress and training needs, and modification of programming, as needed.
- In collaboration with the PHNP Coordinator, develop monthly progress reports on activities.
- Supervise and evaluate all program staff and provide consistent feedback to staff on their job performance.
- Receive and distribute referrals to CHW leads from the Region 9 Program Coordinator or other sources.
- Serve as a liaison internally and with organizations using program services to monitor and evaluate ongoing needs and effectiveness of programs and staff support.
- Review and approve staff timecards.
- Provide direct support to CHWs and Leads on complex cases. Facilitates case coordination with Case Supervisors where appropriate.
- Coordinates community-based AllVax registration events for CHWs.
- Supports the Community Health Ambassador program
- Monitor status of CHW data entry and service provision in a timely manner.
- Participate in briefings with other organizational and external stakeholders.
- Participate in and assure that all staff complete required meetings and trainings related to the PHNP.
- Ensure that compliance with HIPAA and COVID-19 health protection guidelines are followed.
- Ensure software and technology needs are met for CHWs.
- Assess and request staffing needs to PHNP Coordinator.
- Job Skill Assessment(s) may be required for this role.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- High School Diploma is required. Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, business, or other related field is preferred.
- Management experience of at least one year is required. Three years of progressively higher management experience is preferred.
- Will provide on the job training
- Preferred experience in public health, health education, or case management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have experience working in community work. This can include advocacy, volunteering, etc.
- Comfort with using technology to communicate and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with educational and culturally diverse populations in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to plan and organize multiple efforts effectively and efficiently.
- Experience in program development preferred.
About the Perks:
Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.