Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
With minimal supervision, conduct field investigations and office activities related to environmental health programs. Job duties may include conducting inspections of swimming pools and beaches, food facilities, and other similar programs, collecting water samples, data entry, or other tasks as assigned. This is a seasonal position.
Location: 500 West Winchester Road, Libertyville IL
Hours: Monday (5:00am – 1:00pm) and Tuesday – Friday (8:00am – 4:00pm)
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience
- Conducts, under prescribed methods, environmental inspections or collects samples as required.
- Assists in laboratory activities in support of the preparation and analysis of environmental samples.
- Prepares documentation for inspections or samples collected.
- Assists in office activities in support of the preparation and analysis of environmental samples, including data entry.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Requires a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Preference will be given to applicants currently enrolled in a two or four year program with an emphasis on environmental science, biology or closely related field.
- Requires the ability to work both indoors and outdoors and in variable conditions.
- This position also requires occasional exertion and moderately strenuous physical activity.
- This position requires occasional interaction with Spanish speaking clients who have a limited understanding of the English language or who may speak only Spanish.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.