Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Population served within the SAMHSA System of Care grant. Responsible for intensive collaboration with juvenile justice staff through HOPE Program (High-Risk Offender Programming Through Engagement). Provides evidenced-based individual, family, and group therapy designed to prevent removal of delinquent minors from home and provide skills to strengthen family unit and be productive members of society. Provides mental health evaluation; treatment planning; psychosocial education; case management and case consultation service to clients and their families. Links to community service projects as needed. Assists clients in developing and accomplishing treatment goals in individual and group settings. Provides services in office and community settings including client homes and at the juvenile detention center. Meets minimum productivity expectations and documentation standards using electronic medical records. Works as part of a comprehensive treatment team. Provides consultation and education to community groups. Competently works with clients with coexisting disorders including substance abuse.
Location: 3010 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL
Hours: 37.5 hours a week
- Monday – 10:00am-7:00pm
- Tuesday – 9:00am-5:30pm
- Wednesday – 8:30am-5:00pm
- Thursday – 9:00am-5:30pm
- Friday – 8:00am-1:00pm
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience
- Provides direct services to clients including individual and group treatment.
- Maintains regular contact with an active caseload.
- Consults with the supervisor regarding transfer/placement of a client to another level of service, as needed.
- Provides atmosphere of customer service in assuring that clients are treated in a friendly and respectful manner. Displays positive attitudes and behaviors in the accomplishment of job duties.
- Facilitates with clients and collaborates with the treatment team to develop, review and update treatment goals and referrals both internally and externally.
- Assists clients in obtaining public entitlements, housing, community resources, etc.
- Attends staffing’s with schools, juvenile justice, community agencies and others, as necessary.
- Organizes and participates in treatment-related clinical conferences and staffing’s on assigned clients.
- Focuses on client empowerment evidence based or adopted best practices in providing treatment, seeking to assist clients to build on strengths in addressing treatment needs.
- Conducts evaluation/referral to persons who present themselves at the program.
- Performs initial evaluations and assessments of potential clients regarding their appropriateness for participation in the program.
- Participates in collection of client fees including completing forms for third-part coverage and discussing balances due with clients, as appropriate.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Master’s degree in a related field, and
- Successful completion of 1,000 practicum hours, or
- One (1) year of documented clinical experience under the supervision of a QMHP, and
- Licensed by the State of Illinois as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), or as a Licensed Social Worker (LSW), or
- Licensed by the State of Illinois as a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC), or as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) preferred
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.