Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Provides assessment and evaluation of clients from intake through discharge. Provides psychoeducational and therapeutic interventions to clients. Assists clients in developing and accomplishing treatment goals in individual and group settings.
Location: 3002 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL
Hours: 40 hours a week; Monday-Friday (8:00am-4:30pm)
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience
- Provides direct services to clients including individual and group treatment in a residential setting.
- Focuses on client empowerment in providing treatment, seeking to assist clients to build strengths to meet their treatment needs.
- Facilitates with clients and collaborates with the treatment team to develop, review and update treatment goals and referrals both internally and externally.
- Conducts crisis intervention/evaluation/referral for persons who present themselves at the program.
- Performs initial evaluations and assessments of potential clients regarding their appropriateness for participation in the program.
- Provides case management services with clients as needed.
- Provides education and direction to clients, family members and/or significant others.
- Provides emergency evaluations of clients regarding their need for involuntary hospitalization, if meets criteria as a qualified examiner.
- Job Skill Assessment(s) may be required for this role.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Master’s degree in a related field, and
- Successful completion of 1,000 practicum hours, or
- One (1) year of documented clinical experience under the supervision of a QMHP, and
- Licensed by the State of Illinois as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), or as a Licensed Social Worker (LSW).
- Licensed by the State of Illinois as a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC), or as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) preferred.
If in a FQHC program:
- Licensed by the State of Illinois as a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC), or as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) required.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.