Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Provides evaluation, psycho-social education, mentoring and treatment service to clients, assists clients in developing and accomplishing treatment goals in individual and group settings. Provides consultation and education to community groups and emergency services.
Location: 3010 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL
Hours: 37.5 hours a week, (Monday-Thursday)
- Monday (8:30am-4:30pm)
- Tuesday & Thursday (8:30am-8:00pm)
- Wednesday (8:30am-5:00pm)
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience
- Conducts crisis intervention/evaluation/referral for persons who present themselves at the
- Performs initial evaluations and assessments of potential clients regarding their appropriateness for participation in the
- Provides direct services to clients including individual and group
- Focuses on client empowerment in providing treatment, seeking to assist clients to build strengths to meet their treatment
- Facilitates with clients and collaborates with the treatment team to develop, review and update treatment goals and referrals both internally and
- Provides education and direction to clients, family members and/or significant
- Provides atmosphere of customer service in assuring that clients are treated in a friendly and respectful Displays positive attitudes and behaviors in the accomplishment of job duties.
- Acquires and utilizes knowledge of LCHD/CHC database and word processing software and other equipment commensurate with
- Meet minimum productivity
- Organizes and participates in treatment-related clinical conferences and staffings on assigned clients.
- Takes responsibility for training in and documenting clinical chart requirements to meet program and state
- Participates in collection of client fees including completing forms for third-part coverage and discussing balances due with clients, as
- Participates in staff meetings, in-service trainings, and seminars to facilitate professional growth and maintain licensure if
- Provides emergency evaluations of clients regarding their need for involuntary hospitalization, if meets criteria as a qualified
- Serves as a LPHA and/or QMHP, which includes reviewing and signing clinical assessments, individual treatment plants, and other appropriate clinical
- Coordinates weekly clinical staffings and provides clinical consultation as directed by the Program
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Master’s degree in a related field, and
- Successful completion of 1,000 practicum hours, or
- One (1) year of documented clinical experience under the supervision of a QMHP, and
- Licensed by the State of Illinois as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), or as a Licensed Social Worker (LSW), or
- Licensed by the State of Illinois as a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC), or as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) preferred
If in a FQHC program:
- Licensed by the State of Illinois as a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC), or as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) required
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.