Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
As a Therapist you will be responsible for providing evaluation and treatment service, consultation and referrals to Primary Care Services clinic patients.
Location: 1819 27th Street, Zion IL
Hours: Monday (10:30 am – 7:00 pm) Tuesday and Thursday (8:30 am – 5:00 pm) Wednesday (12:00 pm – 8:00 pm) Friday (1:00 pm – 5:00 pm) Saturday (8:00 am – 12:00 pm) *Note- 2nd and 4th Saturdays are scheduled at 1/2 days. The 1st, 3rd, and 5th Fridays are full days with no corresponding Saturdays. *
Skills and Experience:
- Performs initial evaluations and assessments of Primary Care Services patients.
- Provides direct services to patients including individual and group treatment.
- Conducts crisis intervention, evaluation, and referral for Primary Care Services patients.
- Focuses on patient empowerment in providing treatment, seeking to assist patients to build strengths to meet their treatment needs.
- Facilitates with patients and collaborates with the treatment team to develop, review and update treatment goals and referrals both internally and externally.
- Organizes and participates in treatment-related clinical conferences and staffing on assigned patients.
- Provides education and direction to patients, family members and/or significant others.
- Takes responsibility for training in and documenting clinical chart requirements to meet program and state standards.
- May assist in the orientation and training of new outpatient mental health services program staff.
- Responds to inquiries, gives appropriate information and referrals, and documents, if necessary.
- Takes a personal stake in the success of the outpatient mental health services program.
- Involved in quality improvement activities on an ongoing basis (such as implementing processes as a result of performance measurement reviews, participation in councils and teams, and making suggestions to improve a process).
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Master’s degree in psychology, social work or related field with three years of experience is required, and
- If a recovering person, they must have two years of demonstrated sobriety.
- Must be licensed by the State of Illinois as an Physician, Psychologist, Licensed Clinical Social Worker (L.C.S.W.), Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (L.C.P.C.).
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
To learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees please take a look at this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
Lake County is an Equal Opportunity Employer