Why Work Here?
- Healthy Choices.
- Healthier People.
- Healthiest Communities.
- Promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County.
- Customer Service
- Professional Competence
- Fiscal Responsibility
At the Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center, we provide our residents with convenient access to the services they need to lead healthy and productive lives.
Whether assuring accessible and effective care, impacting policy, or assessing and monitoring risks, the Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center has been an essential part of the public health system in Lake County for 60 years.
Our employees are the prime reason why the LCHD/CHC is a prominent, effective organization. We carefully recruit and select our employees, and have a great deal of confidence in the skills and abilities they bring to the agency and value everyone on our team. Each employee shares the goal of providing quality health services to the residents of Lake County.
- We employ nearly 1,000 dedicated staff
- We support over 700,000 Lake County residents
- We serve over 40,000 patients annually
- We provide over 40,000 child immunizations annually
- We administer over 2,300 animal vaccinations annually
- We inspect over 3,000 food-service facilities
- We serve over 4,000 clients in need of crisis care annually
- We test approximately 200 lakes and 100 swimming facilities
… and so much more!
We offer a wide array of services:
From Clinical, including:
- General Medicine
- Addiction Treatment
- Mental Health
To Prevention, including:
- Obesity and Diabetes
- Tobacco Free
- Family Case Management
- Animal Care and Control
- Food Safety
- Environmental Health